Pharmaceutical compounding combines a historical practice with the latest medical knowledge and state-of-the-art technology, allowing specially-trained professionals to prepare customized medications to meet the specific needs of each patient.
Before drugs were manufactured in mass quantities by pharmaceutical companies, compounding was a standard means of providing prescription medications, and is still fundamental to the profession of pharmacy today.
The demand for professional compounding has increased as healthcare professionals and patients realize that the number of strengths and dosage forms commercially available are limited and do not always meet the needs of many patients. These patients often have a better response to a customized dosage form that is made specifically for them.
Our compounding professionals can prepare:
- Unique dosage forms containing the best dose of medication for each individual.
- Medications in dosage forms that are not commercially available, such as transdermal gels, suspensions, lollipops, nasal irrigations or nebulizers, and many more.
- Medications free of inactive excipients such as dyes, sugar, lactose, or alcohol that may cause irritation or unwanted reactions.
- Combinations of various compatible medications into a single dosage form for simplified administration and improved compliance.
- Medications that are not currently available on the pharmaceutical market.
For more information, or to refer a patient, get in touch with us today!Talk to An Expert